CAPS SERVICES UPDATES
Due to the COVID 19 national pandemic, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) has made adjustments to services based on recommendations from UNC Charlotte and the CDC to support the physical safety of our community.
- CAPS is currently offering limited clinical services by phone and telehealth. No in-person services are being offered at this time.
- If you are not a current CAPS client and are interested in speaking with a counselor, please call us at 704-687-0311 Monday-Friday 8:00-12:00 or 1:00-5:00.
- If you had a previously scheduled in-person session that was cancelled and are interested in rescheduling for a telehealth or phone session, please contact your counselor directly via email or call our main number.
- If you are in need of crisis services outside of normal office hours, call 704-687-0311 and follow the prompt to be connected to a crisis counselor. Find more information about crisis services here.
If you are interested in a referral to a provider off campus, please use the link below to access our referral guide. If you need further support in connecting to other resources please contact us at our main number.
As always, if you are interested in speaking with a counselor or discussing how to access our services please call us at 704-687-0311.
PLEASE NOTE: At this time, professional licensing laws only allow us to provide telehealth services to students in North Carolina. If you are outside of North Carolina, we can provide a phone consultation to assess for needs and can assist you in identifying and connecting to services in your area.
Please click here for language translations of COVID-19 health information and safety recommendations. (with special appreciation to UC Berkeley)
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24 hours): 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- The Steve Crisis Text Line: Offering support for students of color
- Text STEVE to 741741
- The Crisis Text Line (support via text: Text HOME to 741741).
- The Trevor Lifeline (Suicide Prevention for LGBTQ Youth)
- 866-4-U-TREVOR (1-866-488-7386
- UNC Charlotte Campus Police: 704-687-2200
- Please click here for listing of crisis resources in each state (courtesy of Portland State University Center for Student Health & Counseling)
- Student Health Center
- Jamil Niner Student Pantry - assistance for students to address food insecurity
- Student Assistance and Support Services - concerns about housing insecurity; financial insecurity
- Active Minds - Coping & Staying Emotionally Well During COVID-19 Related School Closures
- Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety
- Headspace - Free guided meditations related to COVID-19
- Guided Meditations UCLA
- UNC Charlotte Student Emergency Relief Fund Application - Financial Hardship
- Managing Financial Stress